Monday, December 19, 2016

Memorial Day

Celebrated Memorial Day
10:00 PM May 28, 2001
Real Memorial Day is May 30

Dearest Darling,

Today Barbra, Polly and I took flags, flowers and twirly gizmos over to your grave. I guess the cemetary caretakers had placed flags on each veteran's grave by the service marker. It was an impressive sight. There were so many flags. I felt a rush of pride at that moment and one of extreme loss. I always feel that way -- I miss you so much. My tears are streaming down so I can hardly see well enough to write.

It was raining. The cross that Mr. and Mrs. Harrell sent you finally collapsed and I had to take it away.

Oh, what I would give to have you here with me, laughing, talking and loving me. I miss you so. This, "your home," is so empty without you. You were the reason that I lived for, I am lost without you. The days pass by, but they are meaningless without you here to comfort, cheer and guide me.

My desire to do anything is gone. My confidence and self-esteem is so low. Oh, honey, I need you so. I miss you every hour of the day.

All my love forever, 

Norma

No comments:

Post a Comment