Sunday, February 28, 2010

Miss Brahms Died


Dear Mom:

Did you know that Wendy Richard, who played Miss Brahms on "Are You Being Served" died last February?

I don't remember talking to you about it and I'm pretty sure it would have bothered you a lot to know that she passed away, just one more example of how we're all moving towards the front of the line. What bothered me was her picture in the Wikipedia entry about her character on "East Enders," Pauline Fowler, who the heck is that old woman? What happened to the pretty Miss Brahms? Could I possibly have aged as much as she? Birthdays and death days. They have a way of reminding us of our own mortality.

Last weekend, I spent your birthday at the Boat Show with Jeff. It was a good diversion and helped me to avoid getting maudlin. He looked at GPS systems; I looked at the selection from Ryba's Fudge Shop of Mackinac Island. We talked about buying a larger condo with a boat well but decided against it. We're going to stay where we are and fix things up. I feel better now that we have a plan.

I missed you, though.

Love,

Connie

No comments:

Post a Comment